The M.Sc Chemistry Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAMProgram Goals :
- To provide a broad foundation in chemistry that stresses scientific reasoning and analytical problem solving with a molecular perspective.
- To provide students with the skills required to succeed in the chemical industry or professional school.
- To expose the students to a breadth of experimental techniques using modern instrumentation.
- The student will understand the interdisciplinary nature of chemistry and to integrate knowledge of mathematics, physics and other disciplines to a wide variety of chemical problems.
- The student will learn the laboratory skills needed to design, safely conduct and interpret chemical research.
- The student will acquire a foundation of chemistry of sufficient breadth and depth to enable them to understand and critically interpret the primary chemical literature.
2 years.Eligibility :
Pass in B.Sc. or equivalent with 40% marks secured in Chemistry from a recognized university of the country.Special Papers :
- Advanced Electrochemistry
- Computational Chemistry
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Science of Corrosion and Corrosion Control
- Surface Science & Catalysis
- Chemistry of Natural Products
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Chemistry of Lanthanides and Actinides
- Carbohydrate Chemistry
- Asymmetric Synthesis
- Supramolecular Chemistry
- Green Chemistry
|Year I||Semester- I||Semester- II|
|Year II||Semester - I||Semester - II|
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time M.Sc. Chemistry program offered by the ICFAI University Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
Pass in Graduation with 45% (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC) marks in Chemistry.
Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 27, 2018 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by September 28, 2018 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. However, for MBA Programs, students need to appear for the “ICFAI University Tripura Admission Test”. For details please refer page nos. 8 & 11 of the prospectus. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
The applicants will have to go through a personal
interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude
and motivation to pursue the program.
Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
There shall be a special provision for
admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any
course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college,
affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State
of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of
seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the
minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category. Guidelines to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Cost of the Application material is ₹ 500.
Attested Copies of Certificates:
Applicants have to enclose Attested Copies of Certificates: Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Marks sheets of Class XII/ Degree certificate (as may be applicable)
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
Submission of Application Form :
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be
submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Ph : 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-8415952506
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 10,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook. The Ist semester fee for all programs is to be paid on or before August 01, 2018.
|Fee Particulars||M.Sc. (Chemistry)|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||31,500||33,500|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||1,26,000||1,34,000|
| Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 12,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments should be made by way of demand draft drawn in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
|M.Sc. Chemistry Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||July 16, 2018|
|Admission Test, Interview and Admission Decision||July 20, 2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||July 27, 2018|
|Reporting for submission of certificates and verification by producing originals||August 01, 2018|
|Registration & Payment of First Semester Fee||August 01, 2018|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||August 01, 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||August 06, 2018|
M.Sc. Chemistry PROGRAM
To provide a broad foundation in chemistry that stresses scientific reasoning and analytical problem solving with a molecular perspective.