Bachelor in Medical Records Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
ICFAI University Tripura offers a new Bachelor program in Medical Record in University campus. This will propelled by the need to strengthen delivery of better patient care treatment services, Research and Higher Education in the field of Health record management. Further, to train innovative and create public health professionals to improve community awareness. It is felt and recognized that health record science subject is an indispensable branch of modern healthcare management .Duration
- Pass with 45% (40% for ST/SC/OBC candidates) and above aggregate marks in Class XII from any stream and English as subjects from recognized board .
- Class XII (or its equivalent) students awaiting final examination results may also apply.
- To provide a broad-based repertoire of knowledge, attitudes and skills for the diagnosis and analysis of public health issues.
- To inculcate the theoretical framework and application of epidemiological principles and statistical techniques in the assessment of scientific evidence, community health needs, planning and evaluation of public health programs.
- To provide an understanding and application of the principles of disease prevention and health promotion in the development of public health intervention strategies.
- To equip the students with appropriate knowledge and professional ethics in research.
- To enhance the performance of public health managers and their organizations through an objective understanding and application of the principles of public health law, health policy development and reforms including occupational health and safety.
- Confidentiality and law,data protection
- Clinical governance & Healthcare auditing
|Year-I||Health Operation Management - I||Health Operation Management - II|
|Medical Terminology - I||Medical Terminology - II|
|Hospital & Health Systems - I||Hospital & Health Systems - II|
|English & Communication||Biostatistics in Medical Research - I|
|Soft Skill & Computer training||Health Record Science - I|
|Year-II||Health Record Science - II||Medical Law & Ethics - I|
|Biostatistics in Medical Research - II||Hospital Record Science - II|
|Computer Application in Medical Record - I||Health Economics|
|Epidemiology & Community Health||Project Work in Hospital|
|Healthcare Quality & Auditing||Hospital Administration|
|Year-III||Communication English - I||ICDS - II + SNOMED CT|
|Computer Science in Medical Record - II||Medical Record Science - V|
|Medical Record Science - IV||Communication English - II|
|Research Methodology||Basic Knowledge on Medicine on different body system|
|ICDS Coding - I||Internship & Project Submission|
The Admission Modalities are with
reference to the full-time B.Sc in Bachelor in Medical Records program offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The
medium of instruction is English.
Pass with 45% (40% for ST/SC/OBC candidates) and above aggregate marks in Class XII with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English as subjects
Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 27, 2018 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by September 28, 2018 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. However, for MBA Programs, students need to appear for the “ICFAI University Tripura Admission Test”. For details please refer page nos. 8 & 11 of the prospectus. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.Interview
The applicants will have to go through a personal
interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude
and motivation to pursue the program.
Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
There shall be a special provision for
admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any
course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college,
affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State
of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of
seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the
minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
Guidelines to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Attested Copies of Certificates:
Applicants have to enclose
self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
Submission of Application Form :
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be
submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Ph : 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-8415952506
E-mail : email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:Admission Fee :
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.Program Fee :
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook. The Ist semester fee for all programs is to be paid on or before August 01, 2018.
|Fee Particulars||Bachelor in Medical Records|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||30,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||1,80,000|
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.Bus Facility:
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.Hostel :
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 12,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments should be made by way of demand draft drawn in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
Admission date has been extended
upto November 10, 2020
|Bachelor in Medical Records Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||Aug 27, 2020|
|Last date of Admission/ Registration||Aug 31, 2020|
|Commencement of regular classes||Sept 01, 2020|
Bachelor in Medical Records PROGRAM
ICFAI University Tripura offers a new Bachelor program in Medical Record in University campus. This will propelled by the need to strengthen
delivery of better patient care treatment services, Research and Higher Education in the field of Health record management.