The Ph.D Program
Campus Based Ph.D. Programs
- Science & Technology
- Physical Education & Yoga
- Special Education
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Library & Information Science
The Ph.D. program is campus-based and designed on the basis of latest UGC guidelines. The
main objective of the program is to develop bright young academicians with research skills
to conduct research in contemporary issues in the related discipline.
Ph.D program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
Student has to go through 1 year (2 semesters) course work program. The course work paves the way to develop Doctoral Thesis Work.
Ph.D. Qualifying Examination
After the coursework, the students will have to qualify an examination based on course work syllabus. In case if the student fails, he will get second chance to qualify the same. If the candidate does not qualify even in the second attempt, under such circumstance his/her enrollment shall be cancelled.
Eligibility: A candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. Program must satisfy the following relevant academic
- A two–year postgraduate degree or equivalent from a recognized Institution, with 55% marks or equivalent CGPA in concerned subject.
- A regular, full time M. Phil degree from any recognized University.
- A professional qualification like CFA/CA/ICWA/CS with 55% and above marks for management candidates.
- B. Tech/ BE with 75% Marks or equivalent CGPA.
Note: A relaxation of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be
allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
Relaxation from Ph.D. Entrance Examination
1. Those who have completed their M.Phil. in the relevant discipline shall be exempted from qualifying the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) Examination.
2. The candidates who have qualified UGC / CSIR /JRF/NET/GATE/ GPAT or any other similar examination as the case may be shall be exempted from sitting in Research Aptitude Test (RAT).
Admission to Ph.D. program shall be made through Research Aptitude Test, the syllabus of
which shall be the same as is prescribed for National Eligibility Test (NET) by the University
Grants Commission/Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) / Indian Council of
Agriculture and Research (ICAR).
For Courses, where NET examination is not conducted, the syllabus of entrance test has been prescribed by the Department concerned, and will be made available on the University website i.e. www.iutripura.edu.in. Admission process would consist of:
(a) Screening of applications forms accordingly to prescribed eligibility conditions,
(b) Research Aptitude Test as per University Grants Commission guidelines.
(c) Interview for those who qualifies Research Aptitude Test.
However, candidates who fulfill their qualification mentioned under exemption need not to appear for the Research Aptitude Test and shall be directly eligible to face the interview.
|Faculty of Management Sciences|
|Faculty of Science & Technology | Mathematics | Physics | Chemistry | Engineering|
|Faculty of Education|
|Faculty of Physical Education & Yoga|
|Faculty of Special Education|
|Faculty of Law|
|Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences|
|Faculty of Library & Information Science|
Research Aptitude Test (RAT) to be held on 10/04/2019 (Wednesday)
Application Fee (Non-refundable): Rs. 1,000.
Award Of University Research Scholarship (URS)
1. The students admitted in the Full-Time Ph.D. Program may be given fellowship of Rs. 15,000 (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only) per month.
2. Fellowship would be paid for a maximum of 48 months (4 years) from the date of commencement of the Program.
Grant in Contingency: A professional development grant of Rs. 10,000 per annum is also given to the students for four years. The contingency would be released based on the receipt of the registration for attending conferences, workshops, seminars, and that of the purchase of books and study materials to complement the research work.
Process of Application and Admission
1. The University has adopted online procedure for admission.
2. Candidates must read the instructions carefully before filling up the form. They are advised in their own interest to submit their application forms complete in all respect. Incomplete application forms are liable to be rejected.
3. Original Certificates of academic qualifications and other certificates should be produced for verification at the time of admission. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
|Fee Affairs||Fee (Rs.)|
|Semester Fee (Each)||30,000|
|Center of Examination (RTA)||Agartala | Guwahati | Kolkata|
The Research Cordination Unit,
ICFAI University Tripura Campus:
Campus-Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala -799210, Tripura (W)
Phone No.: 0381-2865752/62, 8787845302, 9612640991, 9612640619
Toll-free Number: 18003453673
Fax No.; 0381-2865754
Note Enrolment in Ph.D Program doesn’t guarantee awarded of Ph.D degree within the stipulated time period. The University has discretion of awarding of the Ph.D degree as per latest U.G.C Regulation and the University norms.
|Registration Commencement||February 28, 2019|
|Last Date of Submission of Form||April 25, 2019|
|Admit Card Issue||April 30, 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test||May 10, 2019|
|Declaration of Result||May 20, 2019|
|Date of counseling of RTA qualified candidates and candidates
applied under exemption clause and Admissiion
|May 30, 2019|
|Class Beings From||June 03, 2019|
Ph.D. in ( Management, Science & Technology, Education, Physical Education & Yoga, Special Education, Law, Humanities & Social Sciences, Library & Information Science ) Program
This Program is for a period of four years from the date of provisional admission into the Ph.D. Program. However, in exceptional cases, permission may be given for thesis submission before completion of four years, provided the candidate has completed minimum three years from the date of provisional admission into the Ph.D. Program. Maximum duration of the program is six years, which may be extended, in exceptional cases, by one year.