- Engineering (CE, CSE, ECE, EE, ME)
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Physical Education
- Special Education
- Political Science
Campus Based Ph.D. Programs
ICFAI University Tripura offers both full-time and part-time PHD programs on the basis of latest UGC guidelines. The main objective of the program is to develop bright young academicians with research skills to conduct research in contemporary issues in the related discipline.
Ph.D program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
Student has to go through 1 year (2 semesters) course work program. The course work paves the way to develop Doctoral Thesis Work.
Course work is mandatory for Part Time and Full Time candidates, except those who have done Course work in M.Phil.
A candidate seeking admission to
Ph.D. Program must satisfy the following relevant
- A two–year postgraduate degree or equivalent
from a recognized Institution, with 55% marks
or equivalent CGPA in concerned subject.
- A regular, full time M.Phil degree from any
- A professional qualification like CFA/CA/ICWA/
CS with 55% and above marks for management
- B.Tech/ BE with 75% Marks or equivalent
Note: A relaxation of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
Relaxation from Ph.D. Entrance Examination
- Those who have completed their M.Phil. in the relevant discipline shall be exempted from qualifying the Research Aptitude Test (RAPT) Examination.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC / CSIR /JRF/ NET/ GATE/ GPAT/SET or any other similar examination as the case may be shall be exempted from sitting in Research Aptitude Test (RAPT).
Admission to Ph.D. program shall be made through Research Aptitude Test, the syllabus of which shall be the same as is prescribed for National Eligibility Test (NET) by the University Grants Commission/ Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) / Indian Council of Agriculture and Research (ICAR).
For Courses, where NET examination is not
conducted, the syllabus of entrance test has been
prescribed by the Department concerned, and
will be made available on the University website
i.e.,www.iutripura.edu.in Admission process
would consist of:
- Screening of application forms according to prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Research Aptitude Test as per University Grants Commission guidelines.
- Interview for those who qualifies Research Aptitude Test.
However, candidates who fulfill their qualification mentioned under exemption need not appear for the Research Aptitude Test and shall be directly eligible to appear for the interview.
|Engineering (CE, CSE, ECE, EE, ME)||Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)|
|Physical Education||Special Education|
Research Aptitude Test (RAPT)
Application Fee (Non-refundable): Rs. 1,000.
- The students admitted in the Full-Time Ph.D Program may be given fellowship of Rs. 20,000 per month for the 1st Year; Rs. 25,000 per month for the 2nd & 3rd year; Rs. 30,000 per month for the 4th year.
- Fellowship will be paid for a maximum period of 48 months (4 years) from the date of commencement of the Program.
Grant in Contingency: A professional development grant of Rs. 10,000 per annum is also paid to the students for four years. The contingency grant will be released based on the receipts of the registration for attending conferences, workshops, seminars, for purchase of books and study materials to complement the research work.
Process of Application and Admission
- The University has adopted online procedure for admission.
- Candidates must read the instructions carefully before filling up the form. They are advised in their own interest to submit their application forms complete in all respect. Incomplete application forms are liable to be rejected.
- Original Certificates of academic qualifications and other certificates should be produced for verification at the time of admission. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
|Semester Fee (Each)||45,000||50,000|
|Center of Examination (RAPT)||Agartala | Guwahati | Kolkata|
Remittance: All payments can be made by using Credit/ Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
The Research Cordination Unit,
ICFAI University Tripura Campus:
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road,
P.O. Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210,
Ph: 0381-2865752/62, Toll-free: 1800 345 3673
Fax: 0381-2865754; 91-6909879797;
Note Enrollment in Ph.D. Program doesn’t guarantee award of the Ph.D. degree within the stipulated time period. The University has the discretion of awarding of the Ph.D. degree as per latest UGC Regulations and the University norms.
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||July 21, 2023|
|Last date for Admit Card Issue||July 23, 2023|
|Date of Research Aptitude Test||July 23, 2023|
|Declaration of Research Aptitude Test Results||July 24, 2023|
|Personal Interview of the out side Tripura Candidates||July 24, 2023|
|Personal Interview of the Candidates from Tripura||July 25-28, 2023|
|Declaration of the Final Merit List||August 4, 2023|
|Date of Admission||August 4-11, 2023|
|Registration||August 14, 2023|
|Commencement of regular classes||August 21, 2023|