About the Program
The two-year Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) Program recognized by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) is offered under the Department of Physical Education and Yoga (Faculty of Education). The University having lush green campus with spacious play Fields / grounds, hostel accommodation, modern classrooms, library facilities etc., invite applications from the Graduate Youth aspiring to take Physical Education as their career in teaching. Graduate candidates from North East Region and other parts of the country are welcome to apply. The designed program not only will earn degree through Two-Year (Four Semesters) Teacher Preparation, but also create opportunities to experience through Practice Teaching in Schools, Experiences as an Organizer and as an Official at different level of competitions.
Pass in graduation in any discipline and as per University selection procedure.
Opportunity for Sportspersons
After having Completed Thirteen Years since establishment and glorious contribution in the field of general and professional education in the North East States in particular the ICFAI University Tripura has taken another initiative to offer Two Year B.P.Ed. Course recognised by NCTE from the academic session 2017-19 onwards.
An interest in athletics, exercise, or sports can lead to a variety of different careers within the sports and exercise industries. Students might choose to pursue a career in coaching at the high school, college, or even professional level. Other career options include fitness trainers, recreation workers, physical education teachers., physical therapists, sports medicine, human kinetics, sports nutritionists, and even sport psychologists. Students may explore many options as they choose a career in sports or fitness industry.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time B.P.Ed program offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura at Agartala. The medium of instruction is English.
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline and as per university selection procedure.
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 29, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirm subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
- Guidelines to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certifi cate / Class X Certifi cate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinationsmay lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certifi cate
- Any other certifi cates pertaining to academic, extra curricular and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admission Officer, The ICFAI University, Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel Fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 10,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Particulars||B.P.Ed (2 Years)|
|Program Fee (Per Semester) (Rs.)||22 ,000||24,000|
|Total Program Fee (Rs.)||88,000||96,000|
Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of `10,000 and PGDY students need to pay ` 5,000 along with the fi rst semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program. In case of those who leave the ICFAI University, Tripura for any other reason, it will be refunded after adjusting for dues, if any.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
|Hostel Accommodation per
|15,000/- per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be worked out in consultation with Mess Committee|
All payments should be made by way of demand draft drawn in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
Admission Calendar 2022
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|