BBA-LLB (Hons) Program
About the Program
The ICFAI Law School, a constituent of the ICFAI University, Tripura was established with the objective of developing a new cadre of legal professionals through a comprehensive and contemporary body of integrated knowledge and rigorous education and degree programs. The ICFAI Law School offers BA-LL.B (Hons.), BBA-LL.B (Hons.) and LL.B programs which are approved by Bar Council of India. The LL.M program is approved by UGC.
BBA-LL.B (Hons.) Program
ICFAI Law School offers five-year full-time BBA-LL.B (Hons.) Program which are approved by Bar Council of India (BCI).
The curriculum is most contemporary and innovatively designed and developed in association with academicians and professional experts, and as per the guidelines of Bar Council of India.
The program is planned in a semester mode. There will be ten semesters spread over five years. Each semester will be of 18 weeks in which 2 weeks are allotted for conducting mid-semester and end-semester tests.
Pass with 45% (42% in case of OBC students, 40% for ST, SC students) aggregate and above in Class XII examinations or equivalent. The scores of CLAT and any other National / State Level Law Entrance Test will also be considered, subject to securing minimum of 45% marks in the respective exam, on submission of the respective score card.
As per BCI Rules.
|BBA-LLB (Hons.) Program Structure|
|Semester I||Semester I|
|Legal Internship – I (4 weeks)|
|Semester III||Semester VI|
|Legal Internship – II (4 weeks)|
|Semester V||Semester IV|
|Legal Internship – III (4 weeks)|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Legal Internship – IV (4 weeks)|
|Semester IX||Semester X|
|Legal Internship – V (4 weeks)|
The program structure is tentative and subject to change, if required.
|Electives Courses in Law|
Elective – I (Constitutional Law)
Elective – IV (Law and Agriculture)
Elective – II (Business Law)
Elective – V (International Law)
Elective – III (International Trade Law)
Elective – VI (Crimes & Criminology)
|Courses for awarding Honors Degree|
Business Law Group
Intellectual Property Rights
The admission modalities are with reference to the full-time Law programs offered by the ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass with 45% (42% in case of OBC students, 40% for ST, SC students) aggregate and above in Class XII examinations or equivalent.
- The scores of CLAT and any other National / State Level Law Entrance Test will also be considered, subject to securing minimum of 45% marks in the respective exam, on submission of the respective score card.
Final year students awaiting results are also eligible to apply. Their admission will be provisional subject to qualifying in the final examination. The registration and admission of these candidates is liable to be cancelled in case they do not fulfill the eligibility criteria specified above by October 31, 2022. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The admission into the Programs is made through Application. Eligible applicants are required to apply for the program using the Application Form. The University will offer provisional admissions subject to the students satisfying all the eligibility criteria. The admission would be confirmed only after all the required proof of eligibility have been produced by the student and verified by the Admissions Office. Due weightage is given to past academic record, academic distinctions, achievements in sports and extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of the ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Marks sheets of Class XII/ Degree certificate (as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-8415952506
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
All candidates have to pay an Admission Fee Rs. 20,000 for BBA-LL.B program towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||BBA-LLB (Hons.) (10 semesters)|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||30,000||32,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||3,00,000||3,20,000|
| Domicile: Students from North East States namely: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
* NOTE : N.J. Yasaswy Memorial Merit Scholarships are offered to the students pursuing BBA-LL.B(Hons.) program. For details, please refer the prospectus.
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura
|BBA-LLB (Hons) Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|