D.Ed Spl Ed (Intellectual Disability) Program
About the Program
The D.Ed. (Special Education) program will prepare human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart education and training effectively to differently able children and other children, thus being Teachers for such children.
After completing the D.Ed. (Special Education) program the studentteachers will:
- Acquire knowledge & skills about human development, contemporary Indian education, and pedagogy of various school subjects and assessment for learning.
- Acquire knowledge & skills about nature and educational needs of children with disabilities as well as of few select specific disabilities.
- Develop conceptual understanding of education provisions and skills for working with children with various disabilities in Special and inclusive settings.
- Enhance knowledge and skills for professional development.
The duration of the course will be two years
Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 50% of marks in any stream are eligible for the program. Reservation & 5 % relaxation for ST/SC/OBC/PWD
Note: The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
Certification as Registered Personnel
- It is mandatory for every rehabilitation professional / personnel to obtain a “Registered Personnel / Professional Certificate” from the Rehabilitation Council of India to work in the field of special education in India.
- As continuous professional growth is necessary for the renewal of the certificate, the rehabilitation professional / personnel should undergo in-service program periodically to update their professional knowledge.
General School /Special schools / integrated / Inclusive setup / Itinerant programers / CBSE School / Navodaya Vidyalaya /SSA/BRP.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time B.Ed, B.Ed Spl. Ed. (ID), D.Ed.Spl Ed. (ID), B.P.Ed, M.Ed, MA (Education), M.Phil in Clinical Psychology, M.Ed.Spl Ed.(ID), D.P.Ed, PGDY, BPES, BPES (Lateral Entry) and MPES programs offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with 50% of marks in any stream.
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 29, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirm subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra cocurricular activities.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application form for admission.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable), Hostel Fee and Hostel Deposit (Refundable) as per the details mentioned below:
All candidates have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs 10,000 for PGDY and Rs 20,000 for M.Phil in Clinical Psychology, MA Education, M.Ed, M.Ed Spl.Ed(ID), M.P.E.S, B.Ed, B.Ed Spl.Ed(ID), D.Ed Spl. Ed(ID), B.P.Ed, B.P.E.S, BPES(Lateral) and D.P.Ed, towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the student Handbook.
|Particulars||D.Ed Spl Ed(ID) (2 Years)|
|Program Fee (Per Semester) (Rs.)||25,000|
|Total Program Fee (Rs.)||1,00,000|
| Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.