M.Com (Hons.) Program
About the Program
The ICFAI University, Tripura offers two-year full time Master of Commerce (M.Com) Program with a view to impart specialized knowledge in the field of Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Banking, Insurance, Management and other related subjects for better career prospects. The objective of the program is to produce post graduates with professional competence to meet the challenges of modern corporate requirements and self employability.
M.Com Professionals can have admirable career opportunities both in public as well as private sector; some of them are enlisted below:
- Accounts Executive
- Tax Consultant
- Finance Advisor/Planner
- Insurance Professionals
- Marketing Manager
- Relation Manager
- Business Analysts
Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Pass or Hons) from any recognized University/ Institution with 45% marks in aggregate or equivalent grades. 5% relaxation will be given to SC, ST, and OBC candidates.
Well Stocked e-Library, Commerce Lab, Global Case Study Pedagogy, Smart Classrooms, 24*7 Internet facilities, Educational Tour, Summer Internship Program in different industries across the country, Customized Study Materials (in ERP), Guest Lecturer Sessions by industry leaders and renowned academicians across the country, Placement Assistance and Grooming Classes, Research Exposure, Start up, Entrepreneurship and Innovative Business Assistances, Guidance to the students to participate in different competitions organized by the accounting bodies in the country.
|Year-I||Advanced Management and Cost Accounting||Financial Analysis and Control|
|International Marketing||Research Methodology and Statistical Application|
|Financial Management||Economic Environment and Policies|
|Computer Applications for Business||Business Communication and Office Management|
|Summer Internship Program|
|Year-II||Business Policy and Strategy||Human Resource Management|
|Insurance and Risk Management||Corporate Legal Framework|
|Elective I||Elective III|
|Elective II||Elective IV|
Note: Elective I, II & III are from specific specialization group and Elective IV remains open i.e. from any group.
List of Electives
|Accounting & Taxation (specialization)|
Advanced Corporate Accounting, Corporate Financial Reporting, Corporate Tax Planning, Accounting Theory, Commerce Lab
|Banking & Finance (specialization):|
Banking Law and Practises, Rural Banking & Microfinance, Security Analysis & Portfolio Management, Derivatives: Analysis & Valuation, Financial Market & Services
List of Electives is subject to change as per the demand of Industry.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time M.Com program offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Pass or Hons) from any recognized University/ Institution with 45% marks in aggregate or equivalent grades. 5% relaxation will be given to SC, ST, and OBC candidates.
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 29, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. However, for MBA Programs, students need to appear for the “ICFAI University Tripura
For details please refer prospectus. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Tripura in any program of the University, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) percent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation maybe filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
- Guidelines to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application form for admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate / Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic, extra curricular and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admission Officer, The ICFAI University, Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 for M.Com Program towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||M.Com (2 Years)|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||26,000||28,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||1,04,000||1,12,000|
Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
* NOTE : N J Yasaswy Memorial Merit Scholarships are offered to the students pursuing BBA and MBA program.
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of '10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without any interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be worked out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|