Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (MMLT) ) Program
- MMLT in Clinical Biochemistry: Clinical Biochemistry I, Clinical Biochemistry II, Laboratory Management, Molecular Biology, Research Methodology and Biostatistics, Clinical Biochemistry, Practical, Clinical Biochemistry II Practical
- MMLT in Microbiology and Immunology: Clinical Microbiology, Molecular Immunology, Laboratory Management, Molecular Biology, Research Methodology and Biostatistics, Microbiology Practical, Immunology Practical
- MMLT in Hematology and Blood Transfusion: Hematology, Blood Banking and Transfusion, Laboratory Management, Molecular Biology, Research Methodology and Biostatistics, Hematology Practical, Blood Banking and Transfusion Practical
Introduction Of Course
The ICFAI University Tripura offers two-year full-time M.Sc. in Medical Lab Technology Program. The program covers the basics of preclinical subjects such as Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology and Blood Banking. A career in Medical Laboratory Technology offers opportunity to have significant impact on patient care. These professionals can find themselves employed in both government and private laboratory, hospitals, blood bank centers, minor emergency centers, clinics and doctors' chamber. They can also find jobs in forensic laboratories, research facilities, pharmaceutical companies, Universities and military.
Pass in B.Sc. MLT / B.Sc. in Physiology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / B.Sc. in Biosciences or equivalent from a recognized University.
Note: The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time B.Sc. (Dialysis Therapy Technology), B.Sc. (Cardiac Care Technology), B.Sc. (Emergency Medical Technology), Bachelor in Health Information Management, B.Sc in Medical lab Technology and M.Sc in Medical Lab Technology programs offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Candidate must have passed degree, e.g. B.Sc. MLT/ B.Sc. Physiology/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry or equivalent B.Sc. Biosciences from a recognized University.
Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 29, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Tripura in any program of the University, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) percent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Program Fee (Per Semester) (Rs.)||60,000||65,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||2,40,000||2,60,000|
Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States. (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|